Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blogs I'm Following

Well, in order to get some readers, I have been networking, mostly with other Etsy sellers. In the last 24 hours, I have followed 27 blogs (see my Blog Roll) and have barely skimmed the surface. The experts say that having a blog is one of the best marketing tools for your business. I realized last night that although I am not only an Etsy seller, but also an Etsy customer, as are most of the Etsy sellers, I am not doing a very good job of marketing my shop if I am only targeting other Etsians.

So, I asked myself this question (thanks Heather), "Who is my target market/audience/reader?" Well, we sell various things in our Etsy shop http://ripperarts.etsy.com/, but the majority of our items right now are Michael's cutting boards. How can I reach those who love to cook? So, my goal today is to visit some cooking blogs. Does anyone have one that they frequent? Does anyone have any other ideas how I might reach those who love to cook?

I mention Heather above. I bought her "Savvy MARKETING for Successful Etsy Sellers" yesterday. I already knew of some of the tips she mentions, but I highly recommend this resource, especially if you are a brand new Etsian.

Also, I said not only am I a seller, I am a customer of Etsy. I purchased this yarn from Rebecca http://evergreencreations.etsy.com/ and have almost completed a project with it that I am going to sell in our shop. So, stay tuned...

1 comments:

Renee toeNja January 15, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

Interesting post. That's a good idea you have to start reading and commenting on other blogs that have readers that might be in your target audience.

The Basics

Michael and Talina Ripper met online and when they met in person, they knew they had found something special, a once in a lifetime love. Michael obtained BFAs in both Wood Design and Ceramics from ECU. Talina has always been a creative/artistic spirit, but has her BSN from ETSU and still works as an RN. Talina has three sons, Seth (17), Aaron (8), and Jacob (7). Michael and Talina have a son together, Quinn, who is 17 months. They are getting settled in their downtown loft just around the corner from Michael's studio and the gallery. Their dream of living their art is coming true!

Followers

More Sponsors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP