Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mother and Sleeping Baby

Today is photography day... I dug this one out of my Flickr uploads. Michael took the picture of me and Quinn last year with my Canon Digital Rebel XT. It was night time, with crummy indoor lighting. Michael actually softened the flash by putting his hand in front of it. Everything in the photo was mis-matched: my brown blanket, purple pillowcase, Quinn's white, blue and green sleeper, green and white polka dotted blanket, crib in the background. So, I edited this color photo in Photoshop to change it to black and white. I played with my layers, blending modes and such... This was the final result. I just love, love, LOVE it!!! One of my favorite photos. Check back every Thursday for different "photo faves."

3 comments:

Laura April 2, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

I love it too! It is a special kind of picture. :)

esque April 4, 2009 at 2:23 AM  

Very cute! B & W always looks great!

cabin + cub April 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

Great photo! You should frame it!

The Basics

Michael and Talina Ripper met online and when they met in person, they knew they had found something special, a once in a lifetime love. Michael obtained BFAs in both Wood Design and Ceramics from ECU. Talina has always been a creative/artistic spirit, but has her BSN from ETSU and still works as an RN. Talina has three sons, Seth (17), Aaron (8), and Jacob (7). Michael and Talina have a son together, Quinn, who is 17 months. They are getting settled in their downtown loft just around the corner from Michael's studio and the gallery. Their dream of living their art is coming true!

Followers

More Sponsors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP