Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Saturday, August 22, 2009

In Memory of Jake Logue

My son, Seth, lost a dear friend last night. You may read the article in our local paper here: http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9016239 Seth and Jake were not only friends, but teammates, coworkers in their first jobs together, and classmates. Last night, when I met Seth at home (I didn't go to the football game because I had to work), we sat around listening to him tell stories of Jake. I didn't know Jake like I know some of Seth's other friends. Seth and Jake became really close this summer with work and football. The "Jake" in this picture is the Jake I wish I could have known. I would have like to have seen the Coach Carter impression. The Jake in the stories Seth told last night. I know Jake holds a dear place in everyone's heart and will be greatly missed. And although I can't see it now, I know there is a reason for this tragedy. A purpose...



Some posts left by friends on Jake's Facebook page:
  • have fun playing football with the angels:)
  • you were a great guy and still are hope you having a good time with Jesus
  • You're the man. Have a good time kickin it with Jesus. I'll see u again one day. Love you man
  • jake u were a great guy and a great leader..we will miss u man

6 comments:

Jus Shar Designs August 22, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

When I started reading your post, I immediately thought of this Newsboys song:

I don't know where you lay your head,or where you call your home.
I don't know where you eat your meals,or where you talk on the phone.

I don't know if you've got a cook, a butler, or a maid.
I don't know if you've got a yard with a hammock in the shade.

I don't know if you've got some shelter, say some place to hide.
I don't know if you live with friends in whom you can confide.

I don't know if you've got a family, say a mom or dad.
I don't know if you love at all, but I bet you wish you had.

CHORUS:
Come and go with me to my father's house.
Come and go with me to my father's house.
It's a big, big house with lots and lots of room.
A big, big table with lots and lots of food.
A big, big yard where we can play football.
A big, big house, it's my father's house.

All I know is a big, big house with rooms for everyone.
All I know is lots of land where we can play and run.

All I know is you need love, and I've got a family.
All I know is your all alone, why not come with me.

Christie Cottage August 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

I am so saddened by this.

The impact on your son and other teammates life is greater than you know.

My prayers for all those who are grieving the loss of their son, brother, friend, teammate, co-worker.

God held out his arms and called an angel home.

I am thankful you have a relationship with your son where he is able to talk to you and share.

With a compassionate heart...

Pixie's Purpose August 22, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Condolences to the young mans family, team and friends.

Christie Cottage August 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

I am still praying for the friends and family.

This has been on my heart & mind all night.

Ripper Arts August 24, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Thank you all. It has been very hard. On my oldest, and on my two middle sons (7&8) who miss Jake and can't quite understand why. Who can? I know it isn't our place to ask, and God's purpose is greater than our own. What I do know, is that one instant Jake was running on the football field, and then the next instant he was running into heaven. School was tough for the kids today, the memorial service is Wednesday, burial Thursday. Please continue to pray. You can read more here: http://www.cartertrent.com/obitdetail.php?id=1712

Unknown September 3, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Snowflakes

Fragile is life like a snowman melting

Out alone in the field beneath the sun.

Remember the boy who laughed and found joy

Just to see what the snow could become?

And so, like this youth, whose belief shows a truth

Kissing away tears children cry -

Every flake understands they are placed in His hands

and with God there is never good-bye.

JS Moore
August 22, 2009

In Memory of #54

The Basics

Michael and Talina Ripper met online and when they met in person, they knew they had found something special, a once in a lifetime love. Michael obtained BFAs in both Wood Design and Ceramics from ECU. Talina has always been a creative/artistic spirit, but has her BSN from ETSU and still works as an RN. Talina has three sons, Seth (17), Aaron (8), and Jacob (7). Michael and Talina have a son together, Quinn, who is 17 months. They are getting settled in their downtown loft just around the corner from Michael's studio and the gallery. Their dream of living their art is coming true!

Followers

More Sponsors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP