Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Commonness

Common is defined by www.dictionary.com as "belonging equally to, or shared alike by, two or more or all in question: common property; common interests." I have recently met an amazing Etsian. Of course, our "meeting" was only online, through Etsy convos, but I am truly inspired. It is a great feeling, indescribable really, to meed someone who has achieve success doing what you, one day, hope to do yourself. I should say that in first person. Kate has achieved success doing what I hope one day to do myself. Live our art!

She, in her shop's announcement says, "Welcome to the Radical Thread Co where art is our full time income and way of life. Where family and career meet, where the kids are underfoot and learning is unstructured and free!" I was immediately intrigued! Kate is where I so want to be!

Michael and I, living together, working together, creating together, loving together, inspiring together, teaching together, making our art our way of life. Raising the boys in a respectful, loving, creative environment. I wish it could happen overnight. I know it is a choice, but it is also a process. As someone (another Etsian) said, be patient little one... And although she was speaking in reference to something totally unrelated... Her words still echo in my head. Thanks Anhoki. :)

3 comments:

Laura March 5, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Very nice. This post made my day.

WhimsyBel March 6, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Hi Ripparts,
My husband and I at the WashHouse Studio (thewashhousestudio at etsy) are also both working artists. Terry is the real artist. He has a BFA from Ringling in Illustration, did the juried fine arts circuit for a couple of years with the work on http://www.bluedoorstudio.com and is now showing some of his paintings and wonderful, detailed folk art on etsy.

I am a teacher, currently on medical leave, taking classes to teach online. My days are busy with my classes and all the new technology I am trying to learn, but I keep my art supplies (junk and stuff) out and an determined to make something new tonight. I have had classes in ceramics, printmaking, drawing, and painting...and was always encouraged to continue whatever it was I was doing at the time, but my Love is in the act of creating, so I am a folk artist with nothing on etsy as yet.

It is so nice meeting you and your family. It sounds like things are really opening up for you. Warm wishes and good luck!
Belinda

Ripper Arts March 7, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Thank you both! I just love meeting other artists and Etsians! Talina

The Basics

Michael and Talina Ripper met online and when they met in person, they knew they had found something special, a once in a lifetime love. Michael obtained BFAs in both Wood Design and Ceramics from ECU. Talina has always been a creative/artistic spirit, but has her BSN from ETSU and still works as an RN. Talina has three sons, Seth (17), Aaron (8), and Jacob (7). Michael and Talina have a son together, Quinn, who is 17 months. They are getting settled in their downtown loft just around the corner from Michael's studio and the gallery. Their dream of living their art is coming true!

Followers

More Sponsors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP