Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Degrees of Separation


Vaguely familiar with Six Degrees of Separation, I had to do some reading on Wikipedia. Did you know that there is a web site http://www.sixdegrees.org/ "bringing social conscience to social networking" and a Facebook group Six Degrees? Okay, I'm getting sidetracked...


Back to my original blogging subject...


Well, I met Linda in the forums. We shared a few convos where she let me know about a treasury she created. And although there are many talented artists featured, I was struck by photography by Jared (in Kansas). Look at his art! Pictured here is my favorite, and believe me, a favorite was hard to pick. This one is titled "Morning Glory Pool." I love photography. I entered his shop curious and left inspired. Check out his shop, I am sure you'll feel the same.

5 comments:

Lori Storrs March 4, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

holy moly, he's fabulously talented! thanks so much for sharing. wishing you a creative and productive day!

Unknown March 4, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Great shop and great art! Thanks for sharing!

My Inspired Reality March 4, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Indeed, very talented artist:) Thank you.

Unknown March 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

I knew about sixdegrees.org thru an tv interview with Kevin Bacon and immediately signed up my preservation group.

Jared's work is fabulous. I skewed toward Early Morning Kansas because it spoke to me first. Thanks for sharing.

Ripper Arts March 6, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Thank you all for reading and posting comments! :)

The Basics

Michael and Talina Ripper met online and when they met in person, they knew they had found something special, a once in a lifetime love. Michael obtained BFAs in both Wood Design and Ceramics from ECU. Talina has always been a creative/artistic spirit, but has her BSN from ETSU and still works as an RN. Talina has three sons, Seth (17), Aaron (8), and Jacob (7). Michael and Talina have a son together, Quinn, who is 17 months. They are getting settled in their downtown loft just around the corner from Michael's studio and the gallery. Their dream of living their art is coming true!

Followers

More Sponsors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP