Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, March 30, 2009

Sitting in a Parking Lot

I am sitting in a parking lot typing this blog entry. It is only 10:25 in the morning. Michael and I met a notary earlier to sign the lease on the studio and gallery. Michael went to work (it is his last week working in the gallery in NC). Quinn and I drove to the county offices because not only do we need to file a business license with the city, which I did in November, but we also have to file a business license with the county. After filing with the county, Quinn and I drove back, stopping at apartment for a diaper change. We loaded back into the car to go back before the notary to sell a piece of property. That is where I am now. Sitting in the parking lot while he naps in the car, waiting to meet the buyer and exchange the deed for a cashier's check. After that, I have to drive to downtown Kingsport to meet Cindy Saadeh, to exchange the lease agreements and give her deposit and lease payment. AND after that (busy day, huh?), I have to go to the insurance agency to write a check for our business property insurance... Then, I will be running Quinn home to meet the sitter, so I can go to work my 3-11 shift. Whew!

I am sharing some pictures that were actually taken LAST weekend of the studio/gallery and the loft. We had three youngest with us when we walked through. As you can see, the boys were being quite silly.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

How exciting to be getting your very own studio...can't wait to watch the progress.

BarbaraCrochetStudio March 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

Good Luck with your projects!
I love your blog - very warm, friendly atmosphere :) and your shop!
Barbara

esque March 31, 2009 at 1:34 AM  

Wow, congrats on getting your own studio! That would be a dream come true for me!

The Basics

Michael and Talina Ripper met online and when they met in person, they knew they had found something special, a once in a lifetime love. Michael obtained BFAs in both Wood Design and Ceramics from ECU. Talina has always been a creative/artistic spirit, but has her BSN from ETSU and still works as an RN. Talina has three sons, Seth (17), Aaron (8), and Jacob (7). Michael and Talina have a son together, Quinn, who is 17 months. They are getting settled in their downtown loft just around the corner from Michael's studio and the gallery. Their dream of living their art is coming true!

Followers

More Sponsors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP