Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Found on Facebook!

We've all heard the saying, "It's a small world." Well, the Internet makes it so much smaller. A childhood friend, Kristen, sent a friend request via Facebook last night. Honestly, I couldn't place her immediately. We lived across the street from each other, and I moved when I was 9 years old. Kristen has a baby, close to my youngest in age. She is a registered nurse, as am I. It sure is a small world!

BUY AT AMAZONI don't remember much in my early childhood. Both of my parents are alcoholics. My dad is recovering. Neither my sisters nor I have seen or heard from our mother in over 10 years. My parents divorced when I was 9. I do remember one of Kristen's sisters had a Spirograph that I enjoyed drawing with (at least I think I remember...). And I vaguely remember playing in Kristen's backyard. Maybe Kristen can help me remember more. I wonder how much of my dysfunctional family life they were aware of. Not that I am embarrassed. I once was, but through Al-Anon and therapy I realized that I was a mere child, who can't be held responsible for the actions of her parents. Sure, I suffered the consequences of their actions, but I did the best I could with what was given to me, considering...SISTERS

Anyway, my new motto, which I have been reciting to my boys for the last several weeks here around the house is...

YOU are responsible for YOUR own actions.

Oh, and on a side note, I had to dig out the external hard drive to post this ADORABLE picture of me and my sisters. I am the oldest of three.

5 comments:

Jessica N. February 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

That is a great motto to teach children, you deserve a hug for that for sure :). As for your picture, that is adorable! You and your sisters are just too cute!

Theresa February 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Talina, you've come a long way, baby. You should be proud...

KhadijaTeri February 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Talina!! I was your babysitter way back when.. wow! You know your mom really did love you and she was so proud of you. She had a hard go of it becoming when she was only a teenager. And your dad had a thriving business. There was a lot of stress in their lives. Sometimes I think I was the only stable thing in your life when you were so little. It's wonderful to see you all grown up and raising children of your own. :)

KhadijaTeri February 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

becoming a mom... sorry there are kids jumping on my bed - hard to type

Nicole February 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

Hey Talina...I can totally understand...My mom and dad both decided parenthood was too much for them so my grandma got the job when I was 2...it leaves you with all kinds of feelings as a parent yourself (or at least it does me since I didn't have many role models to look up to). You are lucky to have had sisters...I was an only child.
Nicole Wallen

The Basics

Michael and Talina Ripper met online and when they met in person, they knew they had found something special, a once in a lifetime love. Michael obtained BFAs in both Wood Design and Ceramics from ECU. Talina has always been a creative/artistic spirit, but has her BSN from ETSU and still works as an RN. Talina has three sons, Seth (17), Aaron (8), and Jacob (7). Michael and Talina have a son together, Quinn, who is 17 months. They are getting settled in their downtown loft just around the corner from Michael's studio and the gallery. Their dream of living their art is coming true!

Followers

More Sponsors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP