Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Latest Purchase

GudonyaMichael and I have made the commitment to buy handmade, to start supporting small businesses the AMERICAN economy. So, as we get low on shampoo, I am not running to Wal-Mart as I once did to pick up Suave or Herbal Essences shampoo. Instead, I ordered some handmade shampoo and conditioner today from Gudonya (pronounced good-on-ya). I have purchased some handmade soap already from Besem Natural Scents which I am still waiting to receive in the mail. {I got this as I was typing...}


Besem Natural Scents

We are making an honest effort to become smart consumers. We are not looking to buy cheap. Sure, buying handmade is more expensive. But we believe by supporting small business, buying quality products, we are being SMART. We hope WHERE we spend our money has a "trickle up" effect, then supporting the AMERICIAN economy as a whole. We want to live the American dream, and help others do the same. Oh, and not to mention, that what we are buying is all-natural, good for our family and good for our environment.


Why don't you support handmade?

5 comments:

Inspired Sobriety February 4, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

I agree completely. I am actually using products from Gudonya right now! It just makes sense to me. I love the concept of buy local and try to do that as much as possible.

Anonymous,  February 4, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

That's awesome! I LOVE buying handmade too~ especially Bath & Body products :)

Plaidfuzz February 4, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Excellent post. I think it is important for us in the handmade community to support each other. If you can't afford or justify buying handmade, why should anyone else buy from you?

Melissa February 4, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Great Post. I buy my soaps online now too. Some of my favorite soap sellers are Cozymoments and Flameworks. :)

Caroline D. February 6, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

I have totally started making Etsy my first stop for what I am looking for. I am constantly amazed by all the talent! It makes non-handmade look dull and boring!

The Basics

Michael and Talina Ripper met online and when they met in person, they knew they had found something special, a once in a lifetime love. Michael obtained BFAs in both Wood Design and Ceramics from ECU. Talina has always been a creative/artistic spirit, but has her BSN from ETSU and still works as an RN. Talina has three sons, Seth (17), Aaron (8), and Jacob (7). Michael and Talina have a son together, Quinn, who is 17 months. They are getting settled in their downtown loft just around the corner from Michael's studio and the gallery. Their dream of living their art is coming true!

Followers

More Sponsors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP