Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, February 12, 2009

He Who Loves to Create

Smile Jacob!

He is my son, Jacob. I showed both him and his brother how to crochet. Jacob just loves it! He is making something all of the time. I think Michael has four necklaces. I have two bracelets. We wear them, too, showing him how proud we are of his creation and thoughtfulness.

Yesterday, Jacob was home sick from school. Working 3-11, I almost always nap with Quinn in hands that createthe morning. So, I'm in bed and awakened by Jacob holding this (I'm not able to focus in on it yet, so I am not sure what IT is) in my face asking, "Mom, will you put this on your web site?" When I was a little more awake, I also noticed that he had my camera around his neck. He was ready to take pictures and put it up for sale.

And that is exactly what we did. I took some pictures. He decided to list the necklace at $1.25. I made the listing, and now it is for sale in our Etsy shop. Anyone care to make a little boy VERY happy and buy this necklace?

9 comments:

DeadpanAlley February 12, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

done and done. nice work, Jacob! keep creating!

-Liese

NewLifeDesigns February 12, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

How cool!! I love that he is sooo talented at such a young age, and has a mom that is soo supportive, you go guy!! I put that in my favorites for when I get my check in, will revisit. ;-)
Pam

DeadpanAlley February 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MINE!!! ALL MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!

*positions herself by the mailbox to await her treasure*

Mommy Bear February 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

That is wonderful and I see it sold. I hope he keeps up the great work!

Unknown February 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

LOL @ DeadpanAlley!

Thats sooo awesome.

Anonymous,  February 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

How cute is that!

Laura February 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Oh Oh another etsy addict is born. Wish we all got the first sale that fast. lol I am sure he is going to be crocheting away with a thrilled little smile on his darling face for days.

Family in Florida February 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

I went to try to buy it but saw it was sold out...tell Jacob his Aunt Cindi would love one, and when he gets time, I would buy it for 5.00!!!!!

Nicole February 13, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

Ok, Talina where did you learn to do all this stuff? How did you learn to crochet? Surely if Jacob can do it I can do it right? I am always whining because I have no hobbies!

The Basics

Michael and Talina Ripper met online and when they met in person, they knew they had found something special, a once in a lifetime love. Michael obtained BFAs in both Wood Design and Ceramics from ECU. Talina has always been a creative/artistic spirit, but has her BSN from ETSU and still works as an RN. Talina has three sons, Seth (17), Aaron (8), and Jacob (7). Michael and Talina have a son together, Quinn, who is 17 months. They are getting settled in their downtown loft just around the corner from Michael's studio and the gallery. Their dream of living their art is coming true!

Followers

More Sponsors:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP